Hey Key Clubbers,
Next Wednesday August 31 Tulsa Global Alliance is having their SAVOR Event from 5:30-8:30 pm. This event focuses on foods from around the world in order to share these cultures with us here in Tulsa.
The event is located at Centennial Center at Veteran’s Park, the address is
1028 E. 6th Street, Tulsa, OK, 74120
Volunteers are needed from 4:00 to 10:00, in order to help prepare for, help during, and clean up after the event. Volunteers do not have to be there the entire time, however your time and help would be greatly appreciated.
Parking is free and admission is as well, as long as you are volunteering. The event costs $35, but by volunteering you are able to get in for free and are allowed to try all the different foods from across the globe for free.
If you are interested please contact johnna yoder at Kaohsiung@tulsaglobalalliance.org
Below are some considerations for volunteers, you don’t have to meet all this criteria. However feel free to answer these questions when you reach out to Johnna.
- What times are you able to volunteer?
- Are you able to lift up to 30lbs? Stand for up to two hours?
- Do you have any special considerations?
- Do you prefer to work with guests directly? Or, more behind the scenes?
- Do you have a car and are willing to retrieve food from a local restaurant?
- Are you 21+ years of age?
- Is there any person you would like to be teamed with (cannot guarantee)?
- Is there any country you’re most interested in (cannot guarantee)? Japan, Taiwan, Israel, Russia, Mexico, China, France
No specific attire is necessary. They have recommended wearing layers as it will be indoors and the temperature will fluctuate. Comfortable shoes. If you’re asked to serve food, you might want clothes that can get dirty.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Johnna, and also keep an eye out in the next few days for an update on this post about more specifics in regards to volunteer jobs and times.
Thank you for your service. Happy Volunteering